Friday, July 18, 2008

Knitted then felted bag

I have finished the knitted and felted bag that I was working on. I was able to felt it in my parent's front loading washing machine.... yay! It turned out really well. It was knitted to a 40cm length, and it felted down to a 22cm length. The yarn also faded quite a lot. It's more of a pastel colour instead of being nice and bright, but I am quite happy with how it turned out.

Photobucket

This was the bag after I finished knitting it.

Photobucket

This was the bag after I felted it the first time

Photobucket

This is the bag after felting it for the second time

2 comments:

Kate said...

that's brilliant! Next time someone tells me you can't felt with a front loader I'll point them here. It's felted up as nicely as Faye's did. I used different, coarser yarn which is why I think i got a tighter felt rather than because of being in a top loader.

Kylie said...

Cool - love it!

You might also like.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails