Tuesday, March 2, 2010
The Ultimate Chocolate Brownie..... with Raspberries!
320g Unsalted Butter
1 1/4 Cups Cocoa
3 Cups Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 1/2 - 2 Cups Dark Chocolate Chips
1 1/4 Cups Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
Frozen/Fresh Raspberries (optional)
Icing Sugar to dust
1. Preheat oven to 160C
2. Line a large baking tin/roasting dish with baking paper (I used one about 24x36cm)
3. Melth the butter in a large bowl (there are a lot of ingredients to fit in here) in the microwave.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat cocoa into melted butter
5. Add eggs, sugar and vanilla and whiz with the electric mixer for 3-4 minutes until the mixture begins to whip up in volume.
6. Using a wooden spoon, mix in the chocolate chips.
7. Sift flour and baking powder in and stir until fully combined.
8. Pour into lined baking dish. Give it a shake to even out the mixture.
9. If using raspberries, dot these evenly on top of the mixture, gently pushing them in just under the surface.
10. Bake in oven at 160C for about 1 hour, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
11. Leave to cool in tin for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to allow it to cool further.
12. Sift icing sugar over the top
13. Enjoy with coffee, chocolate milk or take to work to woo your co-workers.