Saturday, March 28, 2009

Yarny Bits

So I've been busy the last few weeks. I have finally finished the Checkmate sweater. The hardest part was sewing in the shawl collar. It looks amazing and I can't wait for the weather to cool down enough for Jayden to wear it. :) Yes, I sewed it up by myself!!! I am so pleased with how it has come out. I managed to get all the checks to line up properly and set the sleeves in evenly and neatly. YAY!



I bought myself a set of Knitpicks Harmony Straight Knitting needles, as they were ordered in to my LYS (thank you!) They range from 3.5mm to 8mm with room for more sizes. I can't wait to use them. This was my Christmas present to myself, from last year.



I've recently returned from a trip to Sovereign Hill, Bendigo and Echuca. I was told that I simply must visit the Bendigo Woollen Mill while I am there. So I did. Mwahahahaha!



I have never seen so much yarn in my life. This picture is only about 1/6th of the store. It was amazing. Needless to say, I bought a few souveniers and I am now on the mailing list. I bought:

1 200g ball of 12 ply Merino in a creamy beige colour. I am going to use it for trim yarn for when I finally knit my second set of Belladonna Longies with the Goodmama yarn.

2 200g balls of 5 ply crepe for various projects.

4 200g balls of 8 ply merino in different colours for stash expansion.

I felt like I could have bought a lot more, but I restrained myself. I have shade cards and there are new shade cards coming out in the mail in a few weeks, so I will be able to peruse them and plan projects and buy yarn accordingly. You know, sensibly? :D

3 comments:

KnittyBec said...

Checkmate looks fantastic, its turned out so gorgeous. Serious wool envy going on over here over your trip to Bendigo Woollen Mill, what a great trip.

Bec

Kylie said...

Jumper looks great - Bumm that I did not know that you were stopping in at Bendi - would have gotton you to pick up two balls for me - oh well - will just have to order on line now! Did you go into there seconds room?

And you my dear keep Faye in business LOL! Nice sticks thought - I am green!

Kate said...

I'm so glad I thought to remind you of this! Notsure if your stash has the capacity for new incrusions, though! And well done, you! on the sewing up of the jumper. I'm really impressed with how the shawl collar came out : )

Hey, my word verification was a a real word, 'crate'!

You might also like.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails