Saturday, October 24, 2009

Some finished knits

I've been busy knitting late into the night recently. Firstly is Baudelaire by Cookie A.

Notes: Try something a little different with these lacy toe-up socks. A simple 8 row repeat leaf lace pattern paired with some cables, gusset increases, short rowed round heel, and genuine heel flap – enough to keep you entertained without driving you batty.

This has been a very satisfying knit so far. The lace is charted, and I tackled it, no problems. :) I don't know why I was so afraid of lace charts! I cast on the second sock already, using knitty's magic cast on.

Yarn: 2 skeins Lorna's Lace's sock yarn in "Valentine"
Needles: 2x 2.5mm Addi Turbo's
Notions: Cable needle and yarn needle

I knit this in the largest size and it fits my foot wonderfully. Now, on with the second sock!




Secondly is Liesl. It is a gorgeous little feather and fan cropped cardigan that I knit up in 4 days.

Yarn: 3 skeins Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran
Needles: 7mm 80cm long circular

96.5cm bust measurement
Used a butterfly brooch to close the top

This yarn blocks like a dream!




4 comments:

MORGAN said...

they are marvelous! keep knitting!!! ;-)

KnittyBec said...

very pretty, love the socks so much.

Kylie said...

They look great - love the pics of the socks:)

voncookie said...

I've been wanting to knit "Baudelaire" for so long, but haven't had the courage!!!! TY for inspiring me to try them out.

You might also like.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails