Tuesday, June 30, 2009
I've been rather inspired lately by Masterchef, so I decided I would make a pizza that was featured on Friday nights Masterclass. Here is my edited version of the recipe.
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp garlic
salt and pepper
Finely chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
Baby Mozzarella balls
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and put pizza stone in oven to heat up.
2. Combine yeast, sugar, salt, oil and water and put in a warm place to activate the yeast. It was pretty cold on the day that I did this, so I put it next to the heater. :)
3. After yeast has activated, tip in the flour and stir until combined.
4. Knead the dough until silky smooth.
5. Place dough back into bowl, cover with cling wrap and put into a warm place to prove until the dough has doubled in size.
6. Open tin of tomatoes and tip into a saucepan with the oregano, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Puree with hand held mixer, then simmer the sauce down until it is a nice consistency (about 15 minutes).
7. Knock back the pizza dough and divide into 2 portions. Roll out dough to a nice round shape. Place onto the hot pizza stone.
8. Dock the base with a fork all over.
9. Spread pizza sauce onto the base.
10. Sprinkle the parsley all over the base.
11. Add the other toppings to the base except for the baby mozzarella.
12. Put into oven for about 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden delicious. Mmmmm.
13. Decorate with baby mozzarella.
14. Eat with friends. :)
15. Make another pizza with second portion of dough, you will need it.